300g fresh sweet corn
30g barley (washed)
2 potatoes (diced)
1 carrot (diced)
50ml fresh milk
1 packet puff pastry
1 onion (diced)
some chicken bone
1 canned button mushroom (cut to four)
half piece chicken breast meat (diced)
1200ml water (separate to 2 portion - 200ml and 1000ml)
2 pieces bay leaf
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp sea salt
corn flour solution - 1 tbsp corn flour, 1tbsp water
- Melt the butter, add in onion,potato and bay leaf saute till fragrant.
- Add in 200ml water cook till potato soft.
- let (2) to cold and blend in blender. (blend without bay leaf).
- Boil the 1000ml water, after boil put in the chicken bone to prepare chicken broth. (after boil take out the chicken bone.)
- Add in carrot, corn, barley,button mushroom, diced chicken breast meat, bay leaf from (3)bring to boil and till carrot soft.
- Add in (3) bring to boil again. (needs to stir frequently else the potato starch will stick on the pot)
- Add in fresh milk and sea salt (up to your taste). You may add some corn flour solution to thicken the soup.
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Put in scoopful ABC soup to small bowl /soup bowl .
- Place a piece of the pastry puff on top of the small bowl (fully cover the bowl)
- Sent to oven bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve when hot.